NFL Mock Draft 3.0
With the draft in 8 days, I’ve done my first 2 round complete mock draft with both trades and brief analysis for picks. Remember, it is extremely difficult to forecast trades, so I’ve tried to limit them and make them believable. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
1. Indianapolis Colts – QB Andrew Luck Stanfurd
2. Washington Redskins (via STL) – QB Robert Griffin III Baylor
3. Minnesota Vikings – LT Matt Kahil U$C
4. Miami Dolphins (via Cleveland) – QB Ryan Tannenhill Texas A&M: The Dolphins move up to draft the best QB available after striking out on Peyton, Alex Smith and Matt Flynn. The Dolphins, not facing as much competition as expected, trade the 8th pick, their 3rd round pick, and next years 2nd for the 4th spot.
5. Tampa Bay Bucaneers – RB Trent Richardson Alabama: Either it’s Richardson or Morris Claiborne from LSU, but I think Schiano will want to establish a ground-n-poud mentality like had at Rutgers with Ray Rice & Co.
6. Cleveland Browns (via St. Louis Rams via Washington) – CB Morris Claiborne LSU: Cleveland gives up next years 3rd to move up 2 spots to jump the Jags and draft Claiborne..
7. Jacksonville Jaguars – WR Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State: Jacksonville lucks out and still has their BPA at their biggest need
8. St. Louis Rams (via Cleveland via Miami) – DT Fletcher Cox Mississippi St: The first upset of the 1st round, Fisher loves athletic, strong DTs and Cox fits the mold.
9. Carolina Panthers – DT Dontari Poe Memphis: You may see the Panthers trade down here, but they need to upgrade their DT spot. While Cox would have been a better fit, Poe has more potential.
10. Buffalo Bills – WR Michael Floyd Notre Dame: The Bills are always a wild card, you never know what they’ll do.
11. Kansas City Chiefs – OG David Decastro Stanfurd:
12. Seattle Seahawks – DE Melvin Ingram South Carolina:
13. Arizona Cardinals – OT Riley Reiff Iowa:
14. Dallas Cowboys – S Mark Barron Alabama:
15. Philadelphia Eagles – DE Quinton Coples UNC:
16. New York Jets – OLB Nick Perry U$C
17. Cincinnati Bengals (via Oakland) – CB Stephon Gilmore South Carolina
18. New York Giants (via San Diego) – MLB Luke Kuechly Boston College: The giants trade their 1st, 3rd and next year’s 2nd to get a top 10 talent, they move Boley over to WLB.
19. Chicago Bears – LT Mike Adams Ohio State:
20 Tennessee Titans – Dre Kirkpatrick Alabama:
21. Cincinnati Bengals – OT/OG Cordy Glenn Georgia
22. Cleveland Browns (via Atlanta) – WR Kendall Wright Baylor: Already a great draft for Holmgren as he adds another great talent
23. Detroit Lions – OT Jonathon Martin Stanfurd:
24. Pittsburgh Steelers – ILB Dont’a Hightower Alabama:
25. Denver Broncos – DT Michael Brockers LSU:
26. Houston Texans – WR Reuben Randle LSU:
27. New England (via NO) – OLB Courtney Upshaw Alabama: Bellichick strikes before Green Bay can take their guy
28. Indianapolis Colts (via Green Bay) – TE Coby Fleener Stanfurd: The Colts trade back into the 1st to get Andrew Luck his favorite target, they also have a huge hole at TE, giving up their 2nd and 4th round picks. GB sees nothing worth their pick on the board.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars (via Baltimore Ravens) – DE Whitney Mercilus Illinois: The Jags trade their 2nd, 5th, and next years 4th to move up to get a pass rusher opposite of Mincey.
30. San Fansisco 49ers: OG Kevin Zeitler Wisconsin: Harbaugh lobbies for a guard to replace Adam Snyder
31. Houston (via New England) – OLB Chandler Jones Syracuse: Houston trades next year’s 1st and this years 3rd to move back into the 1st and get another OLB
32. San Diego Chargers (via New York Giants) – DT/DE Kendall Reyes Uconn: Maybe not a sexy pick, but Castillo can’t stay healthy and there isn’t a guard worthy of a 1st round selection.
33. St. Louis Rams – OT Bobby Massie Ole Miss:
34. Green Bay (via Indianapolis) – OLB Andre Branch Clemson:
35. Baltimore Ravens (via Minnesota Vikings) – C Peter Konz Wisconsin: Ravens trade back up to get the top center in the draft, they give up a 5th along with their upcoming selection.
36. Tampa Bay Bucaneers – DT Jerel Worthy Michigan St.
37. Cleveland Browns – QB Brandon Weeden Oklahoma St: Want to give McCoy competition
38. Minnesota Vikings (via Baltimore via Jacksonville) – CB Brandon Boykin Georgia:
39. St. Louis Rams – RB Doug Martin Boise State:
40. Carolina Panthers – WR Stephen Hill Georgia Tech
41. Seattle Seahawks (via Buffalo) – DT Devon Still Penn St: Seattle gives up a 5th to move up 2 spots.
42. Miami Dolphins – WR Brian Quick Appalachian St:
43. Buffalo Bills (via Seattle) – TE Dewayne Allen Clemson:
44. New York Jets (via Kansas City) – S Harrison Smith Notre Dame: Jets sneak ahead of the Eagles to draft the drafts number 2 safety, give up next years 4th
45. Dallas Cowboys – WR Mohammed Sanu Rutgers:
46. Philadelphia Eagles – LB Lavonte David Nevada:
47. Kansas City (via New York Jets) – ILB Bobby Wagner Utah St.
48. New England Patriots – WR Chris Givens Wake Forrest: One of my favorite prospects, New England needs receivers
49. San Diego Chargers – OLB Shea McClellin Boisie State:
50. Chicago Bears – DE Vinny Curry Marshall:
51. Philadelphia Eagles (via Arizona) – WR Alson Jeffries South Carolina:
52. Tennessee Titans – OLB Zach Brown UNC:
53. Cincinnati Bengals – RB Lamar Miller Miami:
54. Detroit Lions – CB Alfonzo Dennard Nebraska:
55. Pittsburgh Steelers (via Atlanta Falcons): NT Alameda Ta’amu Washington: Steelers give up a 5th to switch spots after Atlanta fields multiple offers for the pick
56. Atlanta Falcons (via Pittsburgh): OG Amini Silatolu Midwestern State:
57. Denver Broncos: RB David Wilson Virginia Tech:
58. Houston Texans: NT Brandon Thompson Clemson:
– New Orleans Bounty Gate
59. Packers – DE Jared Crick Nebraska:
60. Ravens – ILB Mychal Kendricks Cal:
61. 49ers – WR Marvin Jones Cal:
62. Patriots – CB/S Trumaine Johnson Montana:
63. Giants – OT Kelechi Osemele Iowa State: